Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Rachael Ray.

I am not going to lie, I used to like Rachael Ray back in the early days of 30-minute meals. But for the past couple of years, she has annoyed me with her goofy laugh, acronyms (EVOO), and made-up words (stoups, sammies). I have not watched any of her shows in a while, and I am cringing just thinking about it.


Matt and Madeline, from one of the blogs I follow (Matt, Liz, and Madeline), were on the Rachael Ray show today. I recorded it and watched only that segment tonight. Matt is such a great dad and Madeline could not be any cuter (and looks such much like her mom). If you don't read Matt's blog, it is worth the read, but be prepared and have the kleenex nearby.

I have a couple of observations from the show . . .

(1) why does Rachael Ray sound like she needs a cough drop?;
(2) why does she do that thing were she licks her lips super awkwardly?;
(3) did she not know Matt's name? she kept calling him "dad."; and
(4) could the segway into the snack of the day been anymore awkward?

In other TV show news, I watched Demetri Martin's new show tonight. It was funny, but the stand-up routine last night was better. I found a clip of one of the best parts: watch it here. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It's great to hear from you!