Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day Recap.

We celebrated Valentine's Day today, the 15th. I know, I know -- we're rule breakers. We started the morning off with delicious pancakes. I am a strawberries and whipped cream (read: reddi-whip) kind of girl, and Justin likes maple syrup.



I know what you're thinking. . . . No, we did not eat all of those pancakes.

We both had some stuff to do for work after we ate the tasty breakfast. Then we went to Backstreet Cafe for an early dinner. It is always super good, and the restaurant is so cute!


We had to make it an early dinner because we went to see Joel McHale (host of The Soup) tonight! He was hilarious. I absolutely love him. The "security" staff at the Verizon Wireless Theater, however, is a whole different story.

We had to park and couple of blocks away and then stand in a fairly long line to get in. But it was not until they are patting you down they inform you that no cameras are allowed. Um, that would have been nice to know several blocks and our time in line ago! So back we walk to the car to put the camera up and head back. This time the line was 2 times as long as it was before. Ugh. Oh well.

The show itself was good. He did some Soup type material and then some family-centered jokes. All very funny. He definitely did not disappoint.

Then after the show, Joel announced he will be signing shirts and tote bags that are for sale. I am like a 14 year old girl and the Jonas Brothers when it comes to Joel McHale -- so heck yeah I was buying a bag and having him sign it. As we waited in line for him to sign it, the lovely "security" staff comes along and made everyone who does not have a bag or shirt get out of line -- including those people who were standing with others who had an item. Meaning Justin would have had to wait outside for me. How dumb is that? I got ticked and blew off waiting in another long line, this time by myself. So I didn't get to meet Joel, but I was okay with that. I walked away with an awesome tote, which won't make a darn bit of sense unless you watch the show.

Side 1:
Side 2:
All in all, today was a great day. We both have been so busy with work recently, it was nice to take some time out and just spend with each other (and Joel).

1 comment:

  1. I walked away with an awesome tote,You might also like this website which is for fashion women bags:women's bags

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It's great to hear from you!