Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bathroom Counter.

WOW - is this the 3rd design/decorating post I've made recently?! Amazing. I do care about my house!!

A while back I picked up this mirrored tray at an antique store down the street from us. I walked out of the store without it, but couldn't stop thinking about it. I ran back up there later that day hoping it would still be there. It was, and for $20, I was thrilled.

It keeps all my frequently-used items somewhat more organized looking. I don't know why, but I am not one who likes opening cabinets for items I use everyday. The tray helps to keep things look a little cleaner and less cluttered than if they were strewn about on the vanity. (Side note: I think that is the first time I have ever spelled out the word "strewn." I kind of like it.)

I love the tray's lace-like edges. (No, I do not work at Kiehl's. Both me and Justin have a slight obsession with their products. And these are just the ones of mine that are displayed!)

We hosted a baby shower last fall for some friends, and I bought great little juice glasses to display flowers in during the shower. I never seemed to drink out of them, so I decided rather than keep them in the kitchen cabinet, I would use them to store my make up brushes. Now I can enjoy the cute glasses every day! And as an added bonus, my make up drawer doesn't get as messy with the loose powder.

Here are the tray and glass together on the vanity. I will have another post soon about our little renovation project in the bathroom! Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It's great to hear from you!