Monday, April 27, 2009

Breakfast Room.

We have recently made a few minor changes in our breakfast room (along our massive wall that has been a thorn in my side since we moved in). Thankfully, I love the way it has turned out. And, I appreciate Justin's patience through my indecisiveness (and his amazing picture hanging skills too).

We took a trip to Ikea, and I came across the lerberg bookshelf. For only $14.99, how could I pass it up?

It had to be the easiest Ikea product of all time to put together -- it didn't have 56 little pieces in the box, like most of their stuff. Surprisingly, it only took about 15 minutes to assemble.

Of course, our helper Riley, supervised the whole thing.

Here it is, with our cookbooks on it (instead of them taking up space in the pantry).

I have also been compiling recipes from our families to display in the kitchen. [Ignore the hole in the wall -- that was from a shelf that we hung during one of my first arrangements for the wall.] There are still 2 recipes I am missing, one of our recipes and the one from Justin's parents, but you get the idea.

There is a recipe of Justin's Mema's gooey butter bars, my mom's tasty pound cake recipe, and my Nana's banana pudding. I also have a strawberry angel food cake recipe from my other grandmother who passed away 2 years ago. I love being reminded of her handwriting. Frankly, it is nice seeing everyone's handwriting and recipes up there. They all carry such sentimenal value.

Here is my Nana's banana pudding recipe. Seriously folks, it is the best thing ever. Ever. We have officially renamed in "Naner Pudding" in honor of her.

Here is a portion of the wall with everything coming together (until I decide to change it, yet again). Kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It's great to hear from you!