Sunday, September 6, 2009

Delicious Recipes.

In honor of the first UT football game of the season, we made some tasty recipes.

We made shrimp enchiladas. Recipe via My Kitchen Cafe. These are delicious! If you're not a seafood fan, then I am sure shredded chicken would be just as good. These aren't very spicy, so if you like some heat, then add extra cayenne pepper or chop up some jalapenos (or both).

To go along with the enchiladas, we made a black bean and corn salad. Recipe via All Recipes. This had great flavor. Really anything with black beans, avocado, and lime is good by me! This would also make a good dip for tortilla chips.

For dessert, I made cherry coke cupcakes. Recipe via Annie's Eats. These were so good! The cake part is moist and fluffy. They aren't overly chocolaty, but have a really good flavor -- I think in part from the coke you add to the batter. They are great as is, but maybe next time I will add some cherry juice to the topping (mostly because I like the idea of pink whipped cream).

For snacking during the game, I took a play out of Meagan's playbook and made pretzel/rolo thingies (yes, that is the technical term for them). You just take bite-sized pretzels, put a rolo on top, and then bake in a 350 degree oven for about 5 minutes or until the rolo starts to get soft. Then, while still warm and gooey, put a toasted pecan half or m&m (or anything else that tickles your fancy) on top of the rolo. Super easy and delicious. I am warning you that these little bite-sized salty and sweet goodies are way too easy to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It's great to hear from you!