Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Dishwashing Soap Bottle.

A while back, I saw the clever idea of using an antique bottle for dishwashing soap on brooklynlimestone.com. At the time, I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for and settled on this little bottle from Crate and Barrel.


It was nothing fancy, but it did the trick and was better than the plastic bottle that the soap comes in. Recently, the little stopper fell in the bottle, so rather than figure out how to fish it out, I took it as a sign that it was time to find something new.

After some looking on ebay, I found the perfect bottle! I love how it has 8 sides!


Evidently, Schenck's Pulmonic Syrup was a concoction of Chamomile, worm-wood, catnip, essence of tansy, hyssop, hops, hoarhound, comfrey, senega, gum Arabic, licorice, elecampane, Indian turnip, lemon juice, brandy, and water. It was used to treat sore throats. (source: here).

Sounds like some very interesting ingredients. In any event, it looks super cute on the counter and makes dishwashing more enjoyable (if that is even possible).

1 comment:

  1. What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It's great to hear from you!