Thursday, December 17, 2009

Say Yes to the Dress.

I recently watched Say Yes to the Dress and fell in love with a dress. I am not gonna lie, I like the show even though I am not in the market for a wedding dress. If I was getting married again (to Justin, of course), this dress would be a top contender.

I asked Justin if we could renew our vows so that I could go buy this dress. Obviously, he wasn't entertained. My dress was simple and understated, and I still find myself drawn to that same style.


My second favorite part of the dress is the half bow in the back (not pictured above). I have a weakness for bows.


My favorite part of the dress is the POCKETS! Pockets, people! The dress has pockets! How awesome is that? You don't know what you have been missing if you haven't worn a dress with pockets. I don't know why, but it's delightful.

Then I started thinking . . . my dress (from 5.5 years ago) had similar qualities, except for the heavenly pockets.

It was also simple, understated, strapless, a-line, no beading, no lace:


And, it had a fun detail in the back (which was somewhat bow-like when bustled):


I guess my taste in wedding dresses hasn't changed all that much over the years.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It's great to hear from you!