Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Painted Office.

The painters came on Saturday morning to paint the office, and I was thrilled to see the finished room.  I previously posted the colors we considered.  We ultimately went with Stonington Gray and it is just what I wanted.  It has a slight blue undertone, which I really like.  You can see the gorgeous color behind the white hydrangeas I picked up from the flower shop on Friday afternoon.  


This room has been rather neglected since we moved in.  Here's a before when we decided to move the main guestroom upstairs and the office downstairs.  It was so white and cold in here, it was driving me crazy! 


It really is amazing what paint can do to a room.  It feels so inviting now and really makes the molding in the room pop. 


While we had all of the furniture moved to the center of the room, I thought to myself -- we should rearrange!  We are still working out a few of the details as far as where things will go (the before picture above is of only half the room).  Once we get things a little more settled, I will post pictures of the full room.


Hope y'all had a great weekend! 

22 comments:

  1. Oh, i just love it! It's so soothing and pretty. Looks amazing with the white trim. It really is crazy how paint color changes an entire space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great color. Love it with the white trim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really is a great color! So fresh and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The office turned out amazing! I love that first pic with the hydrangeas too- so pretty! I think we have the same clock in our master bathroom:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful shade of grey. I love the blue undertones too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color! So fresh! Can't wait to see the finished room:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that color. It's so calm and serene!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks amazing Emily! I love the color, and it really does make the white moldings stand out!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks great. I like gray paint colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this color! I might have to snag it! My office is gray too, but I went too light and it looks kind of medicinal. :( Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the color is so wonderful!! can't wait to see it totally finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the color and the flowers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That colour looks great! Fresh yet calming, what a nice change! (and you had me at hydrangea....)

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous color -- is it warm or cool undertones? i want to pain my kitchen a lighter color with blue undertones to go with the dark blue subway tile.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow! Love the color, Emily! It's so great. Really makes the molding stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE this color, it looks fabulous, you are right, it COMPLETELY changes the feel of the room!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great color pick! I love gray! Looking forward to seeing your office when it's done...I'm currently finishing mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it! I'm trying to find the perfect gray for my place too and you're right, it's soooo tough. I didn't expect it to be so hard, it seems like an easy thing to pick but there's just so many to choose from and so many brands, it's overwhelming. Your office looks fantastic, great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's gorgeous...love the soothing tone!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It's great to hear from you!