Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Yogurtland.

The party is over; the brief is filed!  I have a life again (at least for a few days!).  Yippee!  It feels good to be blogging and catching up on all I've been missing!  Thanks for being understanding!   

Yogurtland, yet another yogurt shop, opened up not too long ago by our house.  I figured it was like the other 15 yogurt shops we have around the area so didn't really make it a point to stop by and check things out.  After seeing a bunch of positive reviews on yelp (and hearing people talk about the red velvet cake batter flavor), I finally decided to check it out.  I had no clue what I was missing out on!      


Yogurtland's yogurt is so much better than all of the other yogurt joints around.  They have tons of flavors, it's all self serve, and the best part is . . . it's fat free!  With the near-gallon sized bowl they give you and with me at the helm of those soft-serve dispensers, I usually end up with about 4 servings worth.  So while it may be fat free, I'm probably consuming a day's worth of calories.  But I put fresh fruit on top, so that cancels it out right?   

The yogurt really does taste so good, I seriously question whether it really is fat free.  Of course that reminds me of a great Seinfeld episode where Jerry and Elaine also question whether allegedly non-fat yogurt truly is fat free.  They even take a sample to a lab to have it tested out after they start gaining weight (and the tests determine it wasn't really fat free).  View part of the episode here and the wikipedia page about the episode here.  And a funny blooper at the yogurt shop here:


Maybe if I didn't have such a sweet tooth, I wouldn't have such a hard time doing all the exercises at my new workout class (Define Body) with my awesome work out buddy, Elz.

Hope you all are having a great week! 

8 comments:

  1. Good to have you back! Those self serve yogurt places can be dangerous. They are popping up all over around here. Oh, and now we are getting a CUPCAKE place...I am so in for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally *LOVE* Yogurtland...we just got introduced a few months ago when we moved to Phoenix, but we are getting very well acquainted now (c: Seriously, I'm very skeptical about this whole fat free claim...especially when I load that huge-A cup to the brim....(c:

    P.S. Is it weird that I get a big smile on my face whenever I see your name in my comments? Yes, it is, but you make me smile and I just thought I would tell you so! (c:

    ReplyDelete
  3. i still haven't tried out yogurtland, but i know i'm missing out! putting it on my summer list of things to do :)

    glad your schedule has eased up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOO Yummy. Ours actually closed, but we have Swirls . . . same concept and it's so darn good. I love taking the kids there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I question the fat free part too - seems to good to be true :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A new guilt free treat?! Oh yes. We need to do a Saturday class so we can actually hang out after killing ourselves (and maybe eat a gallon of yogurt in the process)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well they certainly haven't made their way to Canada yet but I'll be on the lookout. Love that Seinfeld episode!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a new follower! I miss Seinfeld SO bad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It's great to hear from you!