Sunday, September 18, 2011

I'm Back (and Slightly Jet-Lagged).

We just got back from our big Europe trip this weekend!  We had an absolutely amazing time.  It was so nice for Justin and me to take some time off of work and just relax together.  Call me crazy (and/or slightly paranoid), but I didn't want to advertise to everyone that we would be away from our home for over 2 weeks.



I can't wait to share the details of our trip and the pictures with you.  We have over 2,000 pictures to sort through -- so it may take a little time!  To give you a better idea of our vacation, this map shows the places we visited -- starting and ending in Paris.  (Athens hardly counts because we got there super late and had to leave the next morning for Milos, but since we slept there, I included it!) 


Since I don't have any pictures to share with you right now, I will share a hilarious message we received during the trip from our friend Kevin, who checked on things around the house while we were gone: 
Justin and Emily, a brief update:

I'm well, thanks for asking. The house is good. The light over the front door went out. Do you know if you have any extra bulbs? If not, I can pick one up. Also, do you have any drywall patching compound? If not, I can pick that up as well. Oh, are there any special instructions for removing stains on the couches (are the instructions different depending on which couch?)? The cars are... well, you have had that Lexus for a long time, right? I found a guy on craigslist that will take it in its current condition (long story). I think it's only fair that you guys get almost all of the proceeds. Also, can you take the passenger seat out of the Infiniti? I couldn't find it in the instruction manual. I think I found the right tools, so I'll give it a shot. Other than that, everything is peachy. I accidentally left the water running on the soaker house for a few days, so someone posted a notice on your gate about water usage. The gate was locked (like you said!), so they couldn't actually put it on the house. I think that is legally relevant. I'll turn it off this weekend.

Oh, I forgot to tell you that I... well... nevermind. I'll just tell you when you get back.

Miss you guys!
Kevin
Of course he was kidding about everything except the front door light.  Too funny, right?   

Between snuggling Riley and Zoey and catching up with work (which I am dreading), I am looking forward to seeing what all I've missed out on in blog land over the last couple of weeks.   

18 comments:

  1. Looks like an amazing vacation. You covered sooo much ground in two weeks! And the note is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I cant wait to hear (read) all about it! and Im sure you have some amazing photos to show as well. And totally cracked up at what your neighbor wrote!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear about the trip and see all the pictures! I love Italy and cannot wait to go back. The letter is hysterical!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! Can't wait to see your trip photos. That e-mail is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey welcome back! And don't you just love getting letters like that while you're away! looking forward to seeing your pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i absolutely can not wait to hear about every stop!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! I can't wait to see the photos! Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh kevin, such a little jokester :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so hilariously clever...admit it, you were a little bit worried! (c: Can't wait to get the update on the fabulous trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like an amazing trip! So happy for you guys. :) And your friend's message was too funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahahah that is so funny! PS - I'm with you on not sharing vacay plans online (heck, I don't even have a picture of my face on my blog!). Welcome back, and cant wait to hear more about it in...say February? once you sort through those pics ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to hear ALL about your amazing trip!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do we have any pics ready yet?! Can't wait to see them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to see your pictures! So exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That letter just made my day, again! That's the second time I've read it (the first day you posted it and then again today).

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It's great to hear from you!