Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Dating Anniversary.

I'm almost a day late with this post, but today is our dating anniversary.  We have been together for 14 years!  Crazy, right?  On our first date, Justin picked me up in his sweet '83 Honda Accord and we saw the movie City of Angels.  

This is a picture from a few months before we officially started dating.  It was taken after homecoming our sophomore year of high school (hence, the sweet up do) at a friend's house.  This picture always makes me laugh, because at the time it was taken I didn't really like Justin.  You can kind of tell I'm reluctantly leaning in towards him.  We went to homecoming in the Fall together, but I wasn't sure about him.  Frankly, I thought he was a little nerdy.  It took me until the Spring to finally give him a chance.  I am sure glad I did!        


If you're married, do you still celebrate your dating anniversary?  Or are we the only weirdos out there?

In house-related news, we didn't get the house I mentioned here.    

10 comments:

  1. Ummm...LOVE that picture! Happy 14 years!!! Sorry to hear you didn't get the house :( Just must not have been the right one. I think that is wonderful that you celebrate your dating anniversary, I wish I remembered ours to celebrate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, how sweet. We don't celebrate it, we know when we started dating but that's about it. We're a year behind you- 13 years together and 11 (almost) married.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I realized this last year when you posted (not that you know me), but my hubby and I have the same dating anniversary as you - May 2, 1998! We were in college (at Texas A&M), and we went to Olive Garden, to play pool, and watched "Ferris Bueller's Day Off." Anyways, I just had to comment because it's such a coincidence! Happy dating anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehehe, this is too adorable! And I love that I'm not the only one who wasn't sold on their hubby when they first met them! We went on one date and I didn't talk to him for an entire year! Yup...but then, (12 years and two kiddos later!) the rest is history (c: Happy dating anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! :) My husband and I celebrate our dating anniversary too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is soooo cute! Yes! We met on July 5th and we always celebrate that. Sweet updo for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm lucky enough that my dating anniversary is my wedding anniversary! We got married on our 6th dating anniversary! Met when we were 16, been together 8.5 years going on a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It will be 10 years for us this year...I still think it's fun to think about how long you've been together! Can't believe you've been with your hubby for 14 years! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We totally celebrate our dating anniversary...esp since we dated for 4 years before marrying. I think we have 17 years this September. You guys look so young and stinking cute!!!

    I know you're frustrated with the house...we went through something similar moving from TN to TX...bidding over the phone, etc. But the house I thought was destined to be mine, wasn't. And now that we're in this house, I'm so relieved we didn't get that other one!! Chin up, young person! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It's great to hear from you!